Sunday, October 9, 2022

 Planning:Preliminary Practice Project




Trails Of Blood

Today, we completed our first practice video of the year. It was a fun experience and we had many great laughs while filming. We had to make some changes from our original storyboard but everything turned out great. 

1) How did your group work as a team?  ( If you worked "Solo", were you overwhelmed with so many decisions? )

Working as a team was a great experience. I decided to be in a group with people I knew would be responsible for their part and would work together as a team to make the video as great as possible. All the roles were divided evenly with Fabiana writing the script and creating the logos, Valentina directing and casting, and they I filmed and edited the film opening. We all completed out parts with time efficiency. 


Day of filming



2) Explain how you organized and prepared for the project? Discuss symbolic, technical, and written codes as well as Genre conventions.  What went well, and what could have been improved? 

In this project my main role was filming and editing the video. 

For technical codes, I  used a lot of full body shots for running scenes, and close up to the eyes and the face. 

For written codes the title were red, representing the blood, and there was no dialogue. 

For symbolic codes we decided to use a trail surrounded by tree because it gave a creepy feeling, for the actor we decided to use Hugo because he had an innocent look that made the murderer more discreet. 

I think the way i filmed the video by presenting the killer first introduced the audience to the main idea of the story. 


3) What difficulties did you face when filming? How did you overcome them?

While filming, some of the difficulties I faced was audio issues. Since I filmed mainly around our school, there were some noises like people talking and birds, but I was able to get clips in which the audio worked, I also decided to add music and non diegetic sounds to cover some of the noises. I also did not have a lot of access to props, so we had to improvise and use ketchup.



Getting ketchup from the cafeteria to use as blood


4) What difficulties did you face when editing?  How did you overcome them?

  • Since I was the one that was responsible for the editing, some of the challenges that I faced was adding the audio clips, but after some research I was able to add them.  
  • I also had some trouble putting clips together so they would flow, but after some tweaking I was able to get it 
  • Adding the texts like the production company and the name of the film was a bit difficult because I couldn't change the background color, but I ended up adding a transition to make it look nice
Editing the film opening



5) If you were to repeat the project again, what would you do differently?

If I were to repeat the project again I would be: 

1. More prepared,  having more props 

2. Record in a different environment outside from school 

3. Have a better audio system and use a better camera 

4. Edit the video with a different editing site 


6) What aspects of the production are you happy with? Even with a "happy" rating, what could be improved?

I am really happy how the film opening came out as a whole especially with the little time we had. I am happy that we got to see our ideas come to life and have someone who was willing to act in our opening. I think that for improvement, with a little more time and better props the film opening would be even better.